Dr Alfie Abdul-Rahman
- Poem Viewer http://www.ovii.org/PoemVis/
- Personal page http://www.thisisalfie.com/
- Comparing Three Designs of Macro-Glyphs for Poetry Visualization. A. Abdul-Rahman, E. Maguire, and M. Chen. In Proceedings of EuroVis 2014‚ Short Paper. 2014. PDF
- Rule-based Visual Mappings - with a Case Study on Poetry Visualization. In Computer Graphics Forum, 32(3): 381 - 390, 2013. PDF
- Freedom and Flow: A New Approach to Visualizing Poetry. Presented at Digital Humanities 2013, Lincoln, Nebraska, July 2013.
- An Empirical Study on Using Visual Embellishments in Visualization. In IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 18(12): 2759 - 2768, 2012. DOI
- Cascaded Dynamic Templates for Active Documents. In Tech. Report HPL-2009-143, 2009. PDF
- Automatic Pagination of HTML Documents in a Web Browser. In Tech. Report HPL-2009-123, 2009. PDF
- Automated Repurposing of Implicitly Structured Documents. In ACM DocEng 08, 2008. DOI
- Physically-based Rendering and Algebraic Manipulation of Volume Models. PhD thesis,University of Wales Swansea, 2006.
- Spectral Volume Rendering based on the Kubelka-Munk Theory. In Computer Graphics Forum, 24(3): 413 - 422, 2005.
Talks and Workshops
- Introduction to Visualization for Digital Humanities. Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, Jul 2014.
- What is currently being done in the academy? Making Research Useful via Visualisation: The case for better visualization and challenges producing it, Nesta, London, United Kingdom, Jun 2014.
- Comparing Three Designs of Macro-Glyphs for Poetry Visualization. EuroVis, Swansea, United Kingdom, Jun 2014.
- Poetry Visualisation on the Web. Workshop on Promoting Interdisciplinary Engagement in the Digital Humanities, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, Feb 2014.
- Rule-based Visual Mappings - with a Case Study on Poetry Visualization. EuroVis, Leipzig, Germany, Jun 2013.
- Spatial Data in Text and Document Visualization. Workshop on Challenges in Geo-spatial Visualization, Pembroke College, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, Aug 2012.
- Movements of Islamic Manuscripts. Workshop on Visualizing Texts, Documents, Corpora, and Book History, Oxford e-Research Centre, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, Jun 2012.
- Spectral Volume Rendering based on the Kubelka-Munk Theory. Eurographics, Dublin, Ireland, Sept 2005.